Friday, November 20, 2009

Just a great figure 8 or a tiny infinity?

I usually see this sign every day as I walk into work.

"If you avoid difficult things, great things will avoid you."



That has really stood out to me over the past months, as I have worried and stressed and cried and freaked out (yes, that has all happened in this building. haha).

Not that I'm going through an incredibly difficult time right now at all, but it always just causes me to reflect on what is difficult, what big or little things I may be avoiding.

I have thought about it a lot, and I think I am really starting to understand it.
We have to push ourselves. Open ourselves to vulnerability.

If I just avoid everything that is difficult, I will be denying myself the opportunity to grow, change, learn and ultimately, receive blessings from my Heavenly Father.

I am facing, approaching difficult things head-on. I will not ignore or avoid obstacles in my life. I know that with God, I can do anything, become anything, and overcome anything. It may not always be how I planned (which is difficult for me, sometimes!) or what I expected, but it will be right.

I am so grateful for the difficult things in my life that have lead me to great things.
and I am ready for more.

song: new john mayer cd! edge of desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment