Friday, January 1, 2010

a year in review.




leah’s life in ‘09 (in photos)

what a year. definitely full of surprises, some twists, some turns.


More than anything, these 16 (ish) pictures represent the incredible love my Savior has for me. He is watching over me, protecting me, and most importantly, guiding me in directions that I would have never turned.


And I am so excited for what 2010 has to bring ...

[one] This was the year I fell completely in love with photography. and I went kinda crazy, being part of an engagement, photographing bridals and the whole nine yards.

[two] I got a job in March working at Avenia Bridal, a couture bridal store in Provo (I know, Provo!) Let’s just say, the dresses are beyond incredible and job has been a blessing in more ways than one.

[three] Worked as an RA in Wyview. What an interesting experience! At one point, Katie, Sarah & I had 8 phones (one in my room) between us!

[four] Got offered a job at the Daily Universe, BYU’s newspaper. So, during Spring semester, I wrote for the paper in my Comms 321 class and designed the paper. Basically, spent 40+ hours in the Brimhall building!


[five] Concerts! Went to Lonestar, which we actually loved. and Iron & Wine, also a winner.


[six] Made new friends! Yup, everytime I think I have all the friends I need, I have plenty of friends, the Lord throws some more amazing people at me to help me out. And these people have been such blessings in my life.


[seven] For the first time in my entire life, I didn't spend the summer living in Arizona (or really, in Arizona). I stayed at school to go to school and for the Daily Universe. and I basically spent as much time possible outside, a result of a Utah winter.


[eight] I GOT A CAMERA. a pretty, pretty Nikon D70 from my parents for my 20th birthday. and honestly, that camera has been another limb, especially this summer.

[nine] I took a photojournalism class. two of my favorite things: photography + journalism = love.

[ten] Surprised my best friend Courtney in California for her 21st birthday. such a crazy trip, but sooo much fun. awesome because we have planned three Cali trips together, and this summer we didn’t think it would happen. and it totally did! :)

[eleven] Prescott, Fourth of July weekend, Marsh family + Wasson family, a Dad run to Costco, airsoft guns, fireworks. best.weekend.ever.


[twelve] I feel like this picture describes my fall semester 2009. I get home at 10 p.m. (and later!) almost every night, and this is what I felt like eating. hahaha.


[thirteen] Commuted back & forth between Provo and Eagle Mountain to nanny the Boyer’s this summer and fall. Oh, I just love those kiddos. Played mom for a week in October, and we just had a blast!


[fourteen] Flew home on an emergency whim after Erik's surgery. He ended up being admitted to the hospital the next morning, and that night, we both (kinda) slept on that tiny bed, listening to Owl City and watching Big Bang Theory. good times.

[fifteen] Photographed Kyle for my photojournalism essay. that included walks at Bridal Veil Falls, a visit to his dance studio and of course, packing pictures.

[sixteen] Visited Kyle in Winchester, V.A. And for once, he was right -- totally a "5" trip, aka. I loved every minute of it : )

3 comments:

  1. ooooh you were right, this post is de- wait for it- lightful. delightful! i also like that i am in them. go me. and layuh. go awe-uh. go lay-lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love the way you laid out this post. Definitely glad I made one of the pics as well : )
    Hopefully we will get a few more pics together here in 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete