Tuesday, August 25, 2009

vacation fun.


I had the wonderful opportunity of spending several weeks this summer, in two trips, with my grandparents in Oregon. Such as blast! We spent four days in Bend, Oregon grilling, biking, playing tennis, and watching SYTYCD, of course :)

waiting to board on the way to Oregon!


where we stayed, just beautiful

father-son moment...erik is possibly rolling his eyes, wait, I'm pretty sure he is! Two of my favorite boys :)

biking through oregon countryside

Tennyson & Brenna on our ride


my pretty little sister

mariah in the cute little town ice cream parlor...so fun!

the baby ryry "playing tag" with the big kids in the yard

mi papi! behind the lens at dinner, of course!



mariah, I think she totally looks like a movie star here :)

we had dinner by the Sandy river, at the restaurant where I'm going to have my reception, huh Bill?!

on the Sandy river, my beautiful momma
pretty backyard, pretty view
the tradition of the "after-shopping" fashion show lives on, started by yours truly, of course!
Sandy river!
baby & mom

Now begins the "Man Cave" portion of the blog...so, while the entire family was up in Oregon, the boys decided that the Home Theatre room downstairs needed to be converted into the "Man Cave." They pretty much did that themselves anyways, segregating the girls out of the room for video game sessions, retreating to the Man Cave after dinner, etc.

We leave, with lots of joke for what the new Man Cave would include, but no one (ok, none of the girls) actually believing anything would happen.

THEN.
Bill takes it to an entirely new level.

I return solo, maybe a month later, and ta-da! New downstairs (yes, the Girlfriend room is being re-done. sad day.)

Refurnished the room, including paint and carpet. New HD plasma screen, anyone? Custom-made pool table, which was delivered the day before I left...so much fun! Bill & I practiced our pool skills...awesome. I missed the poker/card table delivery, but I guess that just means I'll have to come back up!

bummer. blogspot is totally messing with the colors on these photos...so I will upload them to flickr too! hopefully they will be better there.






King? :)
What a wonderful summer vacation! We had so much fun :) Thanks a million, Bill & Mariah...can't wait to come see you again!


song of the week: Everything I ask for, The Maine ...

No comments:

Post a Comment